Mississippi is one of the original states to participate in USDA’s Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP). The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program provides funds for schools to provide free servings of fresh fruits and fresh vegetables throughout the day to Mississippi students. The FFVP shows children that fresh fruits and vegetables are healthy and tasty alternatives to snacks high in fat, sugar, or salt.
The goal of the FFVP is to:
- Create healthier school environments by providing healthier food choices
- Expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience
- Increase children's fruit and vegetable consumption
- Make a difference in children's diets to impact their present and future health
Listed below are links to useful Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Information.
- USDA Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Handbook for Schools
- FFVP 2019 State Conference presentation
- FFVP Allowable and Unallowable Items
To view the webinar from 09/08/2017 regarding filing FFV claims, please click the link below. You will be asked to enter your name and email before viewing the webinar.
School year 2018-2019 FFVP Documents and Forms
- Production Record Extension Pages
- Production Record Example
- Production Record Cover
- Change to Original Plan
All claims for FFVP reimbursement must be entered in the online Mississippi Application and Payment System (MARS)