The Department of Mathematics, as part of the Offices of Elementary Education and Reading, and the Office of Secondary Education, is responsible for supporting and training Mathematics teachers, curriculum specialists, administrators, and parents by providing the most up-to-date information and resources needed to implement the 2016 Mississippi College-and Career-Readiness Standards (CCRS) for Mathematics, grades K-12.
- Stay informed and receive the latest information related specific to the Math content area by signing up for the MS Math Educators Listserv.
CCR Mathematics Resources for Educators
These resources are meant to provide supplemental curriculum materials for Math educators to use as guidance in teaching the CCR Math Standards. Included are the CCR Math Standards, resources for interpreting the CCR Math standards, best instructional practices, lesson planning exemplars, practice assessments, and other materials deemed as useful or meaningful to instruction of the CCR Math Standards.
Course CCR Math Standards
Outline of CCR Standards incorporated in each Math course for grades K-12.
Instructional Planning Research Resources
The resources in this list provide an in-depth look into the CCR Math standards and the suggested best instructional practices in which to use when teaching.
- 2014 and 2016 CCRS Standards Comparison Guide
- CCRS Math Coherence Map
- CCR Progression Documents
- MS CCRS Scaffolding Documents
- CCR Grades K-5 “Challenging Content” Standards Unpacked
- CCR Grades 6-12 “Challenging Content” Standards Unpacked
- College- and Career-Ready Shifts in Mathematics
- Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Understanding the Standards for Mathematical Practice
Hands-on Learning Support
This resource supports instruction by identifying manipulatives for hands-on learning by CCR Math Standard in grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8.
Instructional Plan Writing Support and Exemplars
These resources provide a guide to how a Math Lesson Plan should align to the CCR Standard. Included are rubrics for writing and evaluating a lesson plan, along with exemplars for selected standards.
- EQuIP Quality Review Rubric for CCR-Aligned Math Lesson Plans
- EQuIP Rubric for Evaluating CCR-Aligned Math Lesson Plans
- EQuiP Exemplar Math Lesson Plans
- MDE Exemplar Math Lesson Plans (K-12)
- MS Teacher Developed Exemplar Units and Lesson Plans
- Grades 6-12 Formative Assessments, Lessons, and Tasks
- Math Learning-at-Home Resources for Districts
High Quality Instructional Materials Review Resources
(HQIM) is defined as materials that are aligned with the Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards, externally validated, comprehensive, and include engaging texts (books, multimedia, etc.), problems, and assessments. These resources can be used to analyze a resource as being a HQIM.
- EdReports (free reviews of K-12 instructional materials focus on alignment to college and career-ready standards and other indicators of high quality as recommended by educators across the country.)
- High Quality Instructional Materials Rubric and Evidence Guides-New
The following resources provide sample assessment items and testing guidelines to support the teaching and mastery of CCR Math Standards in preparation for the MAAP Assessment.
Transition to College Support
Resources that support instruction that assist to ease the transition from HS to college.