The Office of Academic Education consists of eight program areas and four state schools.
- Office of Compulsory School Attendance
- Office of Elementary Education and Reading
- Office of Federal Programs
- Office of School District Consolidation
- Office of Professional Development
- Office of School Improvement
- Office of Secondary Education and Career and Technical Education
- Office of Special Education
- Mississippi School of the Arts
- Mississippi School for the Blind
- Mississippi School for the Deaf
- Mississippi School of Mathematics and Science
All services and activities within the Office of Academic Education are designed to support the State Board of Education’s vision and 5-year Strategic Plan for 2016-2020.