Special Education Growth Rubric
The Special Education Coordinator oversees programs that aid with mental, learning and physical disabilities. The purpose of the Special Education Growth Rubric is to provide the following:
- Enhance the impact that the professional Special Education Coordinator and the special education program have on the students and other stakeholders.
- Will highlight the Special Education Coordinators areas of strength and identify areas of growth.
- Serve as a guide for the Special Education Coordinator, as they reflect on their own practices
- Provide shared understanding regarding priorities, goals, and expectations of quality practice.
The Special Education Rubric and Documents are currently being developed and implemented into a Pilot during the 2019/2020 School Year. All documents will be available for use in all districts during the 2020/2021 School Year.
Special Education Coordinator Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) per school year.
- Two (2) informal observations.
- One (1) formal observation.
- High-quality feedback after each observation.
- Special Education Coordinators must be observed using the Special Education Growth Rubric.
- Professional Growth scores are due not later than June 30.
For additional information contact: