Plan updated and Board approved: November 8, 2018
Strategies updated: November 8, 2019
Outcomes updated: September 23, 2021
The Mississippi State Board of Education Strategic Plan sets the roadmap for changing the trajectory of public education in Mississippi. The plan describes the objectives and strategies the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) employs to help local school districts achieve the Board’s vision and goals.
The outcome measures in this plan are indicators of the MDE’s effectiveness and how well school districts are using the resources, support and guidance provided by the MDE.
Ultimately, the successful implementation of the Board’s Strategic Plan depends on the leadership, cooperation and collaboration of the Board, the MDE, state leaders, and local school districts and their communities.
To Create A World-Class Educational System That Gives Students The Knowledge And Skills To Be Successful In College And The Workforce, And To Flourish As Parents And Citizens
To Provide Leadership Through The Development Of Policy And Accountability Systems So That All Students Are Prepared To Compete In The Global Community
- All Students Proficient and Showing Growth in All Assessed Areas
- Every Student Graduates from High School and is Ready for College and Career
- Every Child Has Access to a High-Quality Early Childhood Program
- Every School Has Effective Teachers and Leaders
- Every Community Effectively Using a World-Class Data System to Improve Student Outcomes
- Every School and District is Rated C or Higher