The Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) is designed to measure student achievement in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, Science, and US History. Students are assessed in grades 3 through 8 in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics, grades 5 and 8 Science, Algebra I, Biology I, English II, and US History. The results of all MAAP assessments provide information to be used for the improvement of student achievement.
ELA and Math assessments are based on the 2016 Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards. Science assessments are based on the Mississippi 2010 Science Framework which is in its last year. Starting in 2018-2019, all Science assessments will be based on the 2018 Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards for Science. Starting in 2019-2020, the U.S. History assessment will be based on the 2022 Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards in the Social Studies.
Standards for assessments are located under the Documents tab.
ELA and Math Practice Tests
Science and U.S. History Practice Tests
- Online (OTT) Practice Test Directions
- Grade 5 Practice Test Key
- Grade 8 Practice Test Key
- Biology Practice Test Key
- U.S. History Practice Test Key
- Test Blueprint Infographic
English Language Arts
Science & U.S. History
Tools and Applications
DRC Insight Platform
NWEA Nextera Platform
- Mississippi Testing Accommodations Manual, July 2022
- Extended Time and Multi-Day Stopping Points
- Dyslexia Form
- Scale Score Information
- Universal Concordance Table
- State Board Policy Chapter 36 Graduation Requirements