The Office of English Language Arts (ELA), as part of the Office of Elementary Education and Reading and the Office of Secondary Education, is responsible for providing support to teachers and schools throughout the state in the implementation of Mississippi’s College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) for English Language Arts. The staff in the Office of English Language Arts develops resources for teachers, delivers statewide and school-based professional development, and supports schools in the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
For more information on the services provided by the Office of English Language Arts, please contact Dr. Marla Davis, Bureau Director, Secondary Curriculum and Instruction, at (601) 359-3461 or via email at email@example.com.
Professional Development Services
To request professional development, please click the link below:
Professional Development Staff
- MS CCRS Scaffolding Documents
- Mississippi’s College and Career Readiness Standards for English Language Arts
- Mississippi Assessment Program (MAP) Resources for English Language Arts
- Instructional Resources
- Tools for Close Reading
- Graphic Organizers for MS CCRS for ELA
- Professional Organizations
- Additional Resources
- ELA Resources for Parents