The Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) is designed to measure student achievement in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, Science, and US History. Students are assessed in grades 3 through 8 in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics, grades 5 and 8 Science, Algebra I, Biology I, English II, and US History. The results of all MAAP assessments provide information to be used for the improvement of student achievement.
ELA and Math assessments are based on the 2016 Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards. Science assessments are based on the Mississippi 2010 Science Framework which is in its last year. Starting in 2018-2019, all Science assessments will be based on the 2018 Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards for Science. The US History assessment is based on the 2011 Mississippi Social Studies Framework.
Standards for assessments are located under the Documents tab.
- MAAP Testing Manuals
- 2017 Mississippi Testing Accommodations Manual
- Assessment Guidance
- Graduation Options
- MAAP Testlets
- EOC Practice Test Rationales
- Blueprints/Interpretive Guides
- ELA Resources
- MDE MS Questar Writing Rubric Training (Webinar)
- MDE MS Questar Writing Rubric Presentation (PDF)
- MDE MS Questar Writing Rubric Training Resources
- Writing Tips
- Student Writing Samples with Annotations (3rd Grade)
- Math Resources
- Science and History Resources