The Mississippi College and Career Readiness course (CCR) was developed to support the vision and mission of the Mississippi Department of Education that all students graduate from high school prepared for college, career, and active citizenship. The CCR course curriculum outlines the knowledge secondary students should obtain and the types of skills relevant for a successful transition to postsecondary and the workforce.
FAQs for the CCR Course
- 2020 College- and Career-Readiness Course Curriculum
- CCR 2020 Virtual Training PowerPoint
- CCR 2020 Virtual Training PowerPoint Recording
- 2020 Virtual Training Resources
- 2018 CCR Course Pacing Guide Draft
Approved CCR Course Substitutions and Course Sequencing
The purpose of the College and Career Readiness Course is to provide planning and instruction for postsecondary transition. The following courses are approved substitutions for the CCR course:
- Career and Technical Work Based Learning Course
- Dual Credit SmartStart
- JROTC III and IV
- Advanced Placement Capstone: Completion of both AP Seminar and AP Research or equivalent International Baccalaureate and Cambridge International Courses
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior College and Career Readiness Seminar courses for Early College High Schools.
*Additional requests for substitution must be submitted to the Office of Secondary Education for review and approval.
The CCR course may be taught in one of the following sequences:
- Senior year only
- Junior year only
- 1 semester in either freshman or sophomore year with the remaining semester taught in junior or senior year
- ¼ Carnegie Unit per year beginning with the freshman year
Course Codes for College and Career Readiness Course
- 110410 College and Career Readiness - The course is 1 full Carnegie unit; however, the course may be divided over two semesters.
- 110411 College and Career Readiness I - This course is for 9th graders ONLY. It will be a year- long course and students will receive 1⁄4 Carnegie Unit.
- 110412 College and Career Readiness II - This course is for 10th graders ONLY. It will be a year- long course and students will receive 1⁄4 Carnegie Unit.
- 110413 College and Career Readiness III - This course is for 11th graders ONLY. It will be a year- long course and students will receive 1⁄4 Carnegie Unit.
- 110414 College and Career Readiness IV - This course is for 12th graders ONLY. It will be a year- long course and students will receive 1⁄4 Carnegie Unit.
Chapter 6: Financial Literacy
- EVERFI Quick Start Guide
- EVERFI Curriculum Guide
- EVERFI Digital Resources
- Keys to Your Future curriculum Guide
- Financial Literacy Lesson - It's More than Just a Salary
- Lesson Plans on Taxes
- Interactive Lesson - Your online Bank Account
- Interactive Lesson - Why Don't People Invest?
- The Stock Market Game