Low Performing Schools and Schools At-Risk
In an effort to provide individualized guidance and assistance to schools that received an “F” accountability rating, the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE facilitates a process wherein districts/schools that did not demonstrate improvement to a “D” or better in 2017 discussed the previously implemented, school board approved SAR Plan of Action to address strengths, deficiencies, challenges, and next steps for improving student outcomes.
Federal and State Expectations
- By state law we are required to conduct an evaluation, provide assistance and report on those schools that are in need of improvement (MS Code 37-18-3 and 37-18-5).
- By federal law we are required to continue to provide support for interventions in schools that are identified as Priority or Focus.
- By State Board of Education goals, we are required to support every school/district so that they can improve to an accountability rating of “C” or higher.
Low Performing Schools
- Improving Student Outcomes for Low Performing Schools PowerPoint Presentation
- Improving Student Outcomes for Low Performing Schools Webinar
- Improving Student Outcomes for Schools At-Risk PowerPoint Presentation
- Improving Student Outcomes for Schools At-Risk Presentation Template
- Schools At-Risk Webinar
2017-2018 Focus, Priority, and SIG Schools