Speech-Language Pathologist Growth Rubric
Speech-Language Pathologists carry out formal and information assessments on students within the school, while making recommendations for students who are in need to speech-language services. The purpose of the Speech-Language Growth Rubric is to provide the following:
- To give administrators a way to measure the professional growth of Speech-Language Pathologists (215) and Speech Associates (216).
- To determine if the SLP or SA is meeting professional standards, considering their specific roles and responsibilities.
- To guide professional development and ensure continuous professional growth.
- Highlight the school’s speech-language pathologist with areas of strength and identify areas of growth.
- Serve as a guide for speech-language professional as they reflect on their own practices.
- Provide shared understanding of priorities, goals and expectations of quality practice.
The following documents are provided for use with the Mississippi Professional Growth System for School Speech-Language Professional:
- Speech-Language Pathologist Growth Rubric
- Speech-Language Pathologists Evidence Collection Sheet (Fillable)
- Speech-Language Pathologist Growth Cycle
Speech-Language Pathologist Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) per school year.
- Two (2) informal observations.
- One (1) formal observation.
- High-quality feedback after each observation.
- Observations should be with someone who is familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the school-based clinician.
- Observations should be with someone who is familiar with due process and the documentation involved in the process, particularly artifact review.
- Speech-Language Pathologist must be observed using the Speech-Language Growth Rubric.
- Professional Growth scores are due not later than June 30.
For additional information contact: