Grant funded by
The Mississippi Department of Education is committed to supporting parents’ understanding of the learning process and providing them with the guidance needed to ensure their children become College and Career Ready. The Office of Student Intervention Services in collaboration with classroom teachers developed the Pre-K – 8 Family Guides for Student Success to assist parents with grade-level at home strategies and activities that support the mastery of the English Language Arts (ELA) and Math Standards.
So we can provide you with additional instructional resources that you may find useful, we are collecting feedback on how effective you find the tools below. Please click HERE to complete a brief survey.
We actively use feedback to constantly improve our delivery and provide you with the best possible service.
- Checklist for Train-the-Trainer Toolkit
- Train-the Trainer Sign in Sheet
- Parent Sign in Sheet
- Train-the-Trainer Sample Agenda
- Parent Training Sample Agenda
- Practical Tips for Districts, Schools, and Parents use of the Family Guides
- Tips for Hosting a Successful Parent Night
- Sample Advertisement for Presenting Engaging Practices for Parent Night
- Train-the-Trainer Powerpoint
- Parent Training Powerpoint
- Train-the-Trainer Evaluation
- Parent Evaluation
Family Guides for Student Success
NOTE: The documents below are partial versions of the Family Guides for Student Success. For complete versions of each, please visit our Family Guides for Student Success page.
- Pre-Kindergarten: ELA, Math
- Kindergarten: ELA, Math
- First Grade: ELA, Math
- Second Grade: ELA, Math
- Third Grade: ELA, Math
- Fourth Grade: ELA, Math
- Fifth Grade: ELA, Math
- Sixth Grade: ELA, Math
- Seventh Grade: ELA, Math
- Eighth Grade: ELA, Math