Mississippi’s statewide assessments measure students’ academic aptitude from pre-K through high school. Pre-K students and kindergarteners are evaluated at the beginning and end of the school year. The Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) measures student progress in grades 3 through 8 in English Language Arts and Math. Additionally, Science is assessed in grades 5 and 8 and US History is assessed in high school. High school students take end-of-course exams in Algebra I, English II, Biology, and US History. The ACT college entrance exam is also given to all Juniors. Each assessment evaluates student learning to ensure students develop the knowledge and skills they need to graduate from high school prepared for college or career.
2021-22 Student Assessment Results
- Spring 2022 Kindergarten Readiness Assessment
- Spring 2022 Pre-Kindergarten Assessment for Early Learning Collaboratives and Other Public Pre-K Classrooms
- Fall 2021 Kindergarten Readiness Assessment
- Fall 2021 Pre-Kindergarten Assessment for Early Learning Collaboratives and Other Public Pre-K Classrooms
- 3rd Grade Reading Assessment – May 2022