Educator Licensure

Continuing Education Units (CEUs)

Teachers with standard certification in Mississippi hold a five-year renewable certificate. These licenses must be renewed every five years with Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or college coursework or by completion of the National Board process earned during the validity period of the license.

CEUs must be obtained through an accredited CEU granting agency. Any Continuing Education Office at a college, university, or community/junior college is an accredited CEU granting agency.

Below is a rescource list of agencies that offer CEUs and coursework:

Educator Licensure Resources

Office of Educator Licensure     P.O. Box 771     Jackson, MS 39205-0771     Phone: (601) 359-3483     Fax: (601) 359-2778

Copyright © 2012 Mississippi Department of Education
Website Accessibility StatementAgency Web DisclaimerNotice of Non-Discrimination